Sunday, January 13, 2013

Announcements and Fact Check Fails

I'm coming up on my two year anniversary as a bloggerAs such, there are a few changes coming.  First of all, some of you may have notice a drop in the frequency of posts before the holidays.  Recent full time employment has eaten into my blogging time a bit and I don't expect the situation to alleviate anytime soon.  I'm hopeful that I can put out at least one to two posts per month.  To pick up the slack a bit, I'm creating a new catagory called Quotesque that will come out this Wednesday.  Each post will consist of a short, funny, film related quote that I've heard from various sourcesI hope you enjoy them.  Lastly, I'm taking a page from Nostalgia Critic, and owning up to all the errors I've made over the past two years.  I apologize for my negligent research and hope to avoid these in the future.  

Captain America vs. The First Avenger

I said Cap was frozen cryogenically, he was actually frozen in an operation, similar to that in the film.  

Prequel and Proud
I implied that the Stryker in X-Men: First Class was the same Stryker in Wolverine and X2.  The movie actually states that he is the father of the original Stryker.  

Primer for The Avengers
I said The Incredible Hulk is after Iron Man 2 "with no crossover."  In Iron Man 2, during the scene when Fury brings in Stark as a consultant, you can see footage from a wrecked college campus behind him.  I'm revising my placement to say Hulk runs parallel to both Iron Man 2 and Thor, so it can be watched 3rd, 4th, or 5th in the viewing order. 

Conspiracy Syndrome
I said the shadowy organization in Eureka was "unnamed".  It was actually called 'The Consortium'.

Lost TV of the 21st Century
I said Heroes had a dedicated flashback episode every season.  I should have said every volume as the third season was composed of two volumes, each with a flashback episode.  

No comments:

Post a Comment